If you find the ProtonVPN Android VPN app compatible with Android OS 5.0 and above to be one of the best VPN options, follow the instructions below to guide you on how to download, install and use the ProtonVPN mobile app on your Android.
However, before you start, you need to allow the installation of the app from “Unknown Sources” on your Android device. Well, because downloading an app from a third-party app will compromise the security of your device and possibly block the installation of the app.
So to avoid this, please allow installation of the app in advance via: Settings > Security > Turn on the ‘Unknown Sources’ option which allows installation from sources other than Play Store.’
Now you can start following the instructions to download, install and set up the ProtonVPN process without any hassle.
- To get the ProtonVPN Android app, simply search for it in the Google Play Store.
- Once you find it, tap on it to open the ProtonVPN app page and tap on the “Install” button from there.
Install Proton VPN
- This will start the installation of the app and after the installation is complete, open the app.
- In the main menu of the application, if you are a ProtonMail user, you can access the free ProtonVPN plan by logging in with your ProtonMail username and password.
[Note: In case if you are not an existing user then, to get a ProtonVPN account, you can sign up via selecting a pricing plan from here.]
- After logging into the app, the main server list window will open where you will see various ways to connect to VPN servers such as:
- You can tap the ‘Quick Connect’ button to automatically connect to the fastest VPN server for your location.
- Or, you can also choose to connect any particular country server available on your plan, as different Proton VPN plans will give you access to different servers.
- Once you do this, you will automatically be able to connect to the fastest server in that country.
That’s all! Now you can browse the internet safely and privately because the data moving between your Android device and the VPN server is encrypted with the ProtonVPN Android app.