Snapchat is the most popular social media app used to share short videos, photos and interact with friends. This social media platform is widely used by most of the people around the world, thus it is the ultimate target of hackers. So if unfortunately your Snapchat account has been hacked, here you will find all the useful information to recover it.
Scenario-1 If your email or phone number has not changed
Hackers often change or delete the email address or phone number of the Snapchat account they hack; but if you act fast enough, you may get lucky and get your account back from the hacker. So here are the steps to get started:
- Open your Snapchat app
- Tap ‘Login’
- Enter your Snapchat username or email, then tap ‘Forgot your password?’
- You will be given two options to reset your Snapchat password i.e. by phone or email depending on the information you have added to your account. You can choose anyone to change your password.
- You will be redirected to a new page if you have selected where to enter your email address and then tap ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a link in your email; you need to click on it and tap on the link to proceed with the password change.
- If you want to use your phone number, enter it and then you will be asked to choose between ‘Send by SMS’ and ‘Call me’ and then you will receive a code on your mobile device; enter the same to change your snapchat password.
Scenario-1 If your email or phone number is changed
If a hacker unfortunately changed or deleted your Snapchat account email address or phone number, it can be quite difficult to get them back, however, there is still an option you can try.
- Go to https://support.snapchat.com/en-US
- In the left column, click on ‘Security’
- Then click ‘Report a security issue’
- For the question ‘How can we help you?’ select- ‘I can’t access my account’
- And then to the statement ‘Oh no! Tell us more…, she selects- ‘I think my account has been hacked’
- You will then see a form where you need to fill in some information such as your Snapchat username, the email address you used to create your Snapchat account, mobile phone number, and then enter the details of the problem you are facing.
- After completing the form completely, click ‘Submit’
- After that, you just need to wait for a response from Snapchat’s side about further instructions.
These are the two ways you can recover your hacked Snapchat account.
Also Read – Get Verified on Snapchat