Since Facebook is the most widely used platform in the world, it is also the favorite form of communication for many people. So people use it to connect with their friends and stay up to date.
So when you get into a fight with your friends and they block you, it’s pretty obvious why it happened, right? But these days, deleting someone on social media can affect a user’s friend list.
I got into a fight because I deleted someone on Facebook.
— Laugh in my life (@MyComicalLife) February 4, 2023
Although the above tweet is a joke, you may be missing your Facebook friends and want to know more about it. So if you want to know how to see who deleted you from Facebook, keep reading.
How to delete a friend on Facebook?
Before we start our agenda today: ‘how to find out who deleted you from Facebook’, there is one more thing you might want to know. Many of us use Facebook as a means of communication because it is the most widely used social media platform.
But what if we want to stop being friends with someone? So, in case you don’t know how to unfriend on Facebook, it’s pretty easy. The steps for the process are as follows:
- Open Facebook and tap the search bar.
- Go to the Facebook profile you want to remove a friend from.
- Now it’s time icon on your profile.
- Then tap Unfriend < Confirm.
Note: If you can’t find the profile or account you’re looking for, it may be disabled.
By following the steps above, you will be able to remove anyone you want on Facebook. Now let’s see if you can find out who unfriended you on Facebook.
Can you see who unfriended you on Facebook?
So the time has finally come to answer the question of how to recognize that someone has deleted you from Facebook and put an end to doubts.
If you are wondering ‘who unfriended me on Facebook’, luckily there are some ways you can easily find out who unfriended you on Facebook. And we will discuss them in the next section.
So keep reading and find simple methods and steps to find the answer to your question “Who deleted you from Facebook?”
How to see who unfriended you on Facebook?
Let’s get to the part of the article that most of you are here for: how to see who unfriended you on Facebook? Well, here we have ways to help you find out who unfriended you on Facebook.
Basically, there are four ways to find out who removed you from Facebook. So let’s start with the first one.
Check the user profile
So the first and easiest way to help you find out who unfriended you on Facebook is to check the Add Friend button on your profile. This is quite simple to do; follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook and go to the user’s profile.
- Once your profile opens, you will be able to see the Friends/Following option under your name.
- If you see Add Friend instead, it means the user has removed you as a friend.
Search your Facebook friends list
Another way to test ‘how to find out who deleted you from Facebook’ is by looking for them in your Facebook friends list. The steps for this are as follows:
- Start Facebook.
- In the bottom right corner, tap More < your name or profile picture.
- After that, scroll down and tap on Friends.
- Simply enter the name of the user in the search bar that you think may have removed you.
- If his name still appears on your list, it means he hasn’t removed you.
Check your Facebook timeline
In case the first method doesn’t work for you, you can try the second one, namely ‘how to find out who deleted you from your Facebook profile’. To do this, all you have to do is go to the profile of the person you think may have deleted you. But keep in mind; it is also possible that they have simply restricted you for a while.
To confirm this, look at your posts and see if there is a globe icon below most of your posts. If so, there is a high probability that the user has deleted you.
Also Read: Facebook News Feed Won’t Load
Third Party Tools
If the methods we have discussed so far for ‘how to find who unfriended you on Facebook’ didn’t work for you, we have one last solution left and that is to use third party tools. However, there is no security of your data available on Facebook, so it is entirely up to the readers to try this method.
There are apps like Who Unfriended Me and Who Unfriended Me that help you find out who unfriended you on Facebook. But the apps will only tell you if you have installed them. Therefore, as mentioned above, there is no guarantee of the security of your data.
Using these methods, you will eventually be able to figure out ‘how to see who unfriended you on Facebook’.
Unfollow, limit and block on Facebook
When it seems like a friend is missing something on Facebook, like you can’t see your posts anymore, you know there may be trouble in the friendship. But what if you think you haven’t been eliminated?
Well, there are certain conditions and situations that could have occurred other than deleting friends. Let’s look at them.
- Unfollow: When you unfollow someone or someone unfollows you, you are still their friend. However, you will no longer be able to see your posts on your timeline. Unfollowing someone’s profile will work the same way as unfollowing a Page or group.
- Restricted: If you’re added to someone’s restricted list on Facebook, you’ll still be able to send them messages and remain friends. However, you will only be able to see your posts set to public.
- Block: Although many of you already know this, we’re going to say it anyway. When someone blocks you on Facebook, you can no longer message them and all of their updates will no longer be available to you.
While some users tend to be confused as to what or if there is any difference between the three, it should be noted that there are slightly different ways in which each works.
Missing ‘Add Friends’ button on Facebook
How to find sketches on Facebook?
How to download private videos on Facebook?
Frequently asked questions
Does Facebook notify you when someone is not a friend?
Answer: No, Facebook doesn’t notify anyone when someone unfriends them, at least until now.
Can you unfriend someone on Facebook without them knowing?
Answer: You can unfollow anyone on Facebook because they won’t get a notification when you do. However, when they search for your name, they may find that it is no longer added to them.
Does unfollow, unfriend, or block mean the same thing?
Answer: No, the three terms do not have the same meaning and work differently on Facebook.