Rackspace, an American cloud computing company, started its business in 1998 to help companies get the most out of their public cloud deployments. At the time of its launch, there were many IT hosting companies offering single-tenant server access on the Internet, but what they lacked was that they did not offer a full client management service. But it was rackspace.com that introduced the concept of end-to-end customer management. Going towards the same goal, they created a niche for themselves despite the fact that major telecommunication companies were operating in the market.
www.rackspace.com tops the list when it comes to ‘managed cloud’, offering specialized, automated cloud technology services to public and private sector players.
In 2007, they even introduced an email hosting service that included more than 100,000 companies. Since then, Rackspace’s webmail service has helped most small businesses in the US get the best email hosting and productivity services.
Some Notable Features of Rackspace Email
- 25 GB mailbox
- Supports POP3, IMAP, SMTP
- Email attachment limit: 5 MB
- Protection against spam, viruses and identity theft
- shared calendar
- Attach files from Dropbox
- tasks and notes
- Email “Retrieve”
- Directory of companies (GAL)
- Advanced message filtering
- Instant messages (chat)
- Out of office auto reply
- SMS password reset
- Multiple identities and signatures
- Technical support is also available 24 hours a day.
If you created an account at app.rackspace.com, you can easily take advantage of all the benefits just by logging into your account, and if you need help with that, here is all the information you need to make apps.rackspace a successful login to via email’.
Simple steps to login to Rackspace Webmail
Rackspace Email allows you to check and manage your email online through a webmail interface. This way you get direct access to your email and no additional software is required. By using a webmail portal, you can enjoy many features such as sending and receiving emails, signatures, email forwarding, etc.
Messages that you send or receive through webmail remain on the portal until the next time you log in.
To log into your Rackspace webmail account, you will need to open a browser on your computer and follow the steps below:
- Go to the link https://apps.rackspace.com/ to go to the ‘Rackspace Webmail Login Email Apps’ website.
- When you arrive at the Rackspace webmail login page, enter the following information there:
- In the Email Address field, enter your Rackspace email account ID
- In the Password field, enter the password for the Rackspace email account.
- Finally, click ‘Login’
- So you can easily sign in to your apps.rackspace account
- Before being redirected to the home page of your Rackspace email account, you will need to select the following two options:
- ‘Remember this information’ – Select this check box if you want the server to remember your Rackspace account login information and automatically fill it in each time you log into your Rackspace email account.
- ‘Use SSL’ – To encrypt your data when you log in, you need to click this checkbox and enable ‘Secure Socket Layer’.
Rackspace Email Plus is a premium service offered by the same brand and if you want to use the premium service you can go to this link https://apps.rackspace.com/rackspace-email-plus and upgrade.
With Rackspace Email Plus, you get Mobile Sync to sync all your data like email, calendar, and contacts with Rackspace Webmail on your iOS, Android, or Windows device.
Problems signing in to Rackspace via email
Although Rackspace’s login process is easy through the mobile app as well as through their apps.rackspace website, there may be some instances where you may have difficulty logging into your Rackspace email account. . For example, you forgot your password or your email account was hacked. If this is the case, you can simply try resetting your Rackspace email account password via mobile or web, and then try logging in again.
Also, if you set up your Rackspace email account in a third-party email client, you must use the correct email settings or you will face login issues.
To use your Rackspace account on a third-party email client or desktop computer, you’ll need the following incoming and outgoing mail server settings:
- Incoming mail server name (IMAP) – secure.emailsrvr.com
- Outgoing mail server name (SMTP) – secure.emailsrvr.com
- Secure incoming mail port (IMAP): 993
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) secure exit port: 465
- This server requires a secure connection: SSL