We tend to do some things that we may regret later. So sometimes when we need a little privacy, we hide apps on our iPhones, but then we don’t know how to locate them. Is there a way to find hidden apps on iPhone? Of course there is, and you must have landed at the correct station.
Here I have collected several ways that can help you find hidden iOS apps. Take a closer look and see which of the following works for you.
Find hidden apps on iPhone
Follow the methods below to access hidden apps on your iPhone.
Method 1- Use the search function
The first and easiest way to find hidden apps on iPhone is by using the search function of your device. We’ll see:
- Unlock your iPhone and just swipe down from the center of the screen.
- At the top of the screen, click the search bar.
- Enter the name of the app you are looking for in the search bar.
- If the app (hidden or not) is installed on your device, it will appear in the search results.
Method 2- Use the application library
Another way to locate hidden iOS apps is through the App Library. Even if an app is hidden in the search bar, there’s no way to keep it hidden in the app library. This is how the App Library can show hidden apps on iPhone:
- Go to the home screen of your iOS device and swipe from right to left until you open the app library.
- There you will see all the apps divided by categories, such as social networks, utilities, shopping and others.
- You can browse the app from those categories or just use the app library search bar.
- Once you find the app, long press on it to launch the app menu option and then click on the “Add to home screen” option.
Method 3: Use Siri to find hidden apps
Let’s not forget that iPhone users have an assistant called Siri that accompanies them everywhere. So you can use Siri to help you find hidden apps on your iPhone. Also, a hidden app may have some restrictions enabled that prevent it from appearing in the search bar; in such cases, you can take the help of Siri; That is how:
- Just unlock your phone and call Siri. Siri can be invoked by long-pressing the side button or by simply saying “Hey Siri.”
- When Siri is enabled, ask Siri to “Open (app name)”.
- Siri will automatically find an app on your system and launch it for you.
Method 4 – Use the app store
Another method to find hidden apps on your iOS device is to buy hidden apps from the App Store. That is how:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone and visit your profile from there.
- Click on your name and scroll down to find the Hidden Purchases option.
- You can browse the list of apps and find the one you were looking for.
- Once you find the app, you can click the download button to get it back on your iPhone.
Method 5- Find the app from the app folder
You may have grouped some apps in the same category and created folders for them. The same folders can be used here; maybe the hidden app you were looking for is in one of those folders, since those folders can contain up to 12 different pages. We’ll see:
- Unlock your iPhone and find all the app folders on the home screen.
- Look at all the pages in each app folder to find the hidden app.
- Once you find the app, drag it to the main page of the folder or out of it according to your requirements.
Method 6- Check hidden home screen pages
Sometimes you might have hidden an entire page from your home screen. In such cases, you need to reveal the entire page to locate the hidden iOS apps. That is how:
- On the home screen, press any empty space until all the app icons start to shake.
- Then tap on the little dots at the bottom of the screen.
- This will take you to another page that shows all the pages.
- Click on the empty circle at the bottom of the page to return to the home screen.
And now that the page is back, so are the apps on that page.
Method 7 – Remove Screen Time Restrictions
Screen Time is a very useful feature that limits how much you can spend on your iPhone. The features also come with hiding some apps like iMessage, camera or any other. Therefore, apps hidden by the screen timeout feature cannot be accessed until they are removed. So if you want to detect an app from the screen time restrictions section, then follow the steps below:
- On your iPhone, visit the Settings app and click on the Screen Time option.
- Go to Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time password or Face ID.
- When you’re done, go to the Allowed Apps option and toggle the button next to the app you want to return to the home screen.
Method 8- Reset Home Screen Layout
If you still can’t locate the hidden app you’ve been looking for so far, you can try resetting the entire home screen layout of your iPhone.
When you set the entire home screen layout from a note, all app folders will be removed. Therefore, you will be able to find the application you were looking for. That is how:
- Visit the Settings app on your iPhone.
- There, click on General and then on Reset.
- Select the option that says Reset Home Screen Layout.
- Once the reset process is complete, return to the home screen and the app should be somewhere.
So, these are all the methods that you can use while managing how to detect apps on iPhone and detect secret app issues on iPhone.
Frequently asked questions
Here are some frequently asked questions on how to find hidden apps on the iPhone home screen:
How can you discover apps on Apple Watch?
Answer: For this, go to the Watch app from the paired phone, go to My Watch, then Installed on Apple Watch, then Show App on App Watch, then turn on the app you want to discover.
How do I discover an app on my iPhone?
Answer: There are many ways to discover an app on your iPhone, you can use Siri, search bar, app folder, app library or other methods.
Can you directly remove a hidden app on your iPhone?
Answer: Yes, you can. Go to Settings > General > Storage > iCloud Storage and there you will see all the apps listed. Find the one you want to remove and click the Remove App option.