As technology grows, so does the number of online threats, which makes it inevitable to protect your system or device with a powerful antivirus tool like Avast that can fight viruses and other potential threats from your device. Avast is one of the most widely used antivirus programs and you will find it installed on all other devices; the reason is that it is free. As free things also have their price, so it is with Avast. In its recent update, Avast added a footnote to the emails you send, also known as the Avast email signature. Also, this feature is available by default; so whether you need it or not, you will get it.
However, seeing a signature added to your outgoing email too without your consent can be quite frustrating and that is why you are here to find out how to disable Avast email signature.
Steps to Disable Avast Outgoing Email Signature
To turn off or disable Avast’s annoying email signature, follow these steps:
- In the system tray, right-click the Avast icon, and then click “Open Avast User Interface”.
- Open Avast settings by clicking the gear icon at the top
- Finally, in the General tab, uncheck the option ‘Enable Avast email signature
- Click “OK” to exit setup, and then restart the email software
- Also, please restart your web browser and this will remove the Avast email signature from outgoing emails.
The above will also remove the Avast signature from Gmail, but in case you want to remove the Avast signature from Outlook, here is how you can do it:
- Open Avast Antivirus and then open its menu; click ‘Settings’
- Then go to the ‘Shield’ tab and click on ‘Core Shields’
- Go to the “Configure mail shield settings” option and click on the “Mail shield” tab.
- Uncheck “Add a signature to the end of sent email”
- This will remove the Avast email signature from your outgoing email and you can also re-enable this setting at any time.