Selim Amallah is a Moroccan professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Belgian club Standard Liege of First Division A. Although born in Belgium. Selim participates in international competitions representing his ancestral country, Morocco. Liege’s shirt number is 19. Selim made his international debut against Mauritania in the Africa Cup of Nations on 15 November 2019.
|First and last name||Selim Amallah|
|Date of birth and age||November 15, 1996 (25 years old)|
|place of birth||Hautrage, Belgium|
|Marital status||More to update|
|Homeland and country||Hautrage, Belgium|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 inch)|
Biography of Selim Amallah
Selim Amallah, former football player of Mouscron, was born on 15 November 1996 in Hautrag, Belgium under the sign of Scorpio. His parents went to Belgium in search of better opportunities, despite the unusual weather. The ancestor of the 25-year-old player is Moroccan. However, because he was born in Belgium, he holds dual citizenship.
Talking about his family details remains a mystery as he has never revealed them anywhere. Other than that, there’s not much to say about his case. Also, he loves traveling to new places.
Selim Amallah’s height and weight
The midfielder of Standard Liege has a strong physique and is 1.6m tall. He regularly goes to the gym to stay in shape after seeing his photos on Instagram. As a result, it weighs about 75 kg. In addition, the athlete has short black hair and a beard on his face.
- On 12 December 2019, Amallah scored Standard Liège’s second goal as the club beat Premier League team Arsenal in the Europa League group stage; however, Arsenal scored twice in the final 12 minutes to level the score at 2-2. He scored three days later in Standard’s draw with former club and rival Anderlecht (1-1).
- Amallah scored twice from the penalty spot in the UEFA Europa League play-off against Fehérvár on 1 October 2020 to help win 3–1 and advance to the group stage. In November 2020, he received the Belgian Lion Award, an award given to the best player of Arab descent currently playing in Belgium. He took the place of compatriot Mehdi Carcela, who won the previous two editions.
- On 13 March 2021, he scored the winning goal to help Standard beat Eupen to reach the Belgian Cup final. Amallah started their 2022 World Cup match against Croatia on 23 November 2022, after not playing a single match in the Belgian league due to a contract dispute with the club.
- Amallah is of Moroccan and Italian descent, and was born in Belgium. He chose to represent Morocco at international level and made his competitive debut on 15 November 2019 in a 0–0 draw with Mauritania in the 2022 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying.
- He scored his first Atlas Lions goal against Senegal on 9 October 2020, after being assisted by Achraf Hakimi. Then, he scored for Youssef En-Nesyri in the 71st minute to help Morocco win 3-1.
- He was named in Morocco’s 23-man squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar on 10 November 2022.
Selim Amallah net worth
He makes most of his money from football. So far, he has played in several national and club matches, earning bonuses and currency. When he signed with Standard Liege, he is said to have received an annual salary of £334,200, making him one of the team’s 12 highest-paid players. In fact, he makes £6,600 a week. Research on the website estimates his net worth to be $1 million.
Selim has many sponsorship relationships and sponsorship partnerships with famous brands like Nike, which adds to his income.
Selim Amallah’s girlfriend, dating
Skilled player, Selim Amallah, is said to be single and unmarried. His aloof personality has kept him unnoticed. When it comes to his romantic relationships, he likes to keep things private. Most importantly, to this day there is no evidence that he went out with his partner or girlfriend anywhere, so it is assumed that he is single and unmarried.
Awards and Achievements
- Mouscron Player of the Year: 2019
- Belgian Lion Award: 2020