Karuna Pandey is an Indian actress, theater artist and dancer, known for her roles in the television shows Pushpa Impossible (2022) and Devanshi (2016) and the 2015 film Prem He is recognized for his role in Ratan Dhan Payo.
Karuna Pandey was born on Thursday, September 4, 1980, in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India (43 years; as of 2023). Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Due to her father’s military service, she attended Kendriya Vidyalaya School in various locations in India, including Ambala, Shillong, Chennai, Agra, Udhampur and Lucknow. Later, Karuna Pandey went to the Department of Indian Theater, Punjab University, Chandigarh to pursue a postgraduate degree in performing arts.
Height (approximately): 5′ 5″
Weight (approximately): 65kg
Hair color: brown
Eye color: black
Parents and siblings
Her father PC Pandey was a military farm commander. He died in 2005. Her mother Deepa Pandey is a housewife.
Karuna Pandey has a sister named Bhawna Sharma, an Indian businesswoman. She runs ARTIUS company in Gurgaon.
On February 20, 2014, Karuna Pandey married Indian actor and film producer Rutwij Vaidya.
She was in a relationship with Rutwij Vaidya before marrying him in 2014.
Karuna Pandey started her acting career in 2003 with a small role in the Bollywood film “The Bypass”, starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui Starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Irrfan Khan and Sundar Dan Detha.
In 2015, Karuna Pandey appeared in the Bollywood film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, playing the role of Maharani Bhagwanti Singh. In 2019, she played the role of Prabha Mausi in the film Motichoor Chaknachoor (2019).
She rose to fame in 2009 after playing the role of Shaili Vimal Prasad in the popular TV show “Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli”. She subsequently starred in other popular TV shows like “Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki” (2005), “Sahara 1’s Shraddha” (2009) and “Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Aangan Hoga” (2013) .
She then went on to appear in various television shows such as “Khauff Begins…Ringa Ringa Roses” (2013) and “Devanshi” (2016).
Karuna Pandey is recognized for her role in the 2022 TV series Pushpa Impossible produced by Sony SAB and SonyLIV.
In 2023, she was one of the participants in the reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” on Sony Entertainment Television.
- In 2017, Karuna Pandey won the Colors Golden Petal Award for Best Villain for the Colors TV series “Devanshi”.
- In 2023, she won the Indian Television Award for Best Actress and Editor’s Choice Award for the TV series Pushpa Impossible on Colors TV.
- Movies: Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015), Zindagi (1964)
- She follows a vegetarian diet.
- Apart from being an actor, Karuna Pandey is also an accomplished writer. According to her, she often wrote shayari and poetry. On the eve of Women’s Day 2016, she dedicated a unique handwritten poem to all the female leads of the TV series “Bhaage Re Mann”.
- She said in a media interview in 2022 that she enjoys cooking at home, and even mentioned some of her favorite dishes. Karuna Pandey said,
I only eat vegetarian food. I prefer soup to salad. I don’t actually hate any vegetables, but I don’t like lentils. The most tempting dish for me was the rajma chawal. My family loves eating my kadhi chawal and paneer butter masala. Maggi is definitely my go-to late night snack. “
- In her free time, she enjoys dancing, choreographing, listening to music, writing songs, making movies, swimming, traveling to distant places, and biking.
- Karuna Pandey is an animal lover who owns pets named Romeo, Barbie, Mau and Cuttie and considers herself an animal activist. She expressed her love for animals in interviews with the media. she says,
“I have two cats and a dog as my children. All three are adopted because I personally do not encourage breeding. My husband is also an animal lover like me. My husband and I both love our Satisfied with the animal children, we have no intention of having ‘human’ children.”
- In an interview, she revealed her love for dance. She said she was a trained Kathak and Bharatanatyam dancer. she says,
I have always loved dancing – I am a trained Kathak and Bharatnatyam dancer, so dance is in me and performing comes naturally to me for some reason. “