Malvika Raaj is an Indian actress and model known for her role as Pooja, a young Kareena Kapoor, in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001). She is the granddaughter of Indian actor Jagdish Raj.
Malvika was born on Tuesday, September 18, 1990, in Mumbai, Maharashtra (age 33; as of 2023). Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She attended Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai. At school, she was captain of the rugby team. She is a B.com graduate.
Weight (approximately): 55 kg
Hair Color: Brown with golden highlights
Eye Color: Hazel
Body size: 32-26-36
Parents and siblings
Her father, Bobby Raaj, is a film producer, and her mother, Reena Raaj, is a film producer. Her younger sister, Sonakshi Raaj, is a fashion designer.
husband and children
She is unmarried.
On Friday, August 4, 2023, the sensational news of Malvika Raaj’s engagement to Turkish businessman Pranav Bagga caught the public’s attention.
According to sources, Malvika Raaj and Pranav Bagga have known each other for over a decade.
At the age of 17, she entered the modeling world. She has modeled for several brands and celebrity fashion designers. She has also appeared in various music videos.
In 2001, she made her debut as a child artist in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, where she played a younger version of Pooja played by Kareena Kapoor.
Later, in 2017, she played supporting roles in the films Jayadev and Captain Nawab. In 2021, she made her debut playing the protagonist Aria in the movie “Squad”.
Awards, Honors, Achievements
- 2019 Youth Idol Award Potential Newcomer
- Indian Icon Awards 2019
- 2022 Rising Star
- Best New Actress “Squad” 2022
- 2022 Influencer Logo Awards
- Food: Cookies, pizza, popcorn, fried chicken
- Movies: Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013), Jannat (2008), Barfi (2012)
- Colors: Red, Lilac, Ivory, Pink
- Fashion Designer: Sonakshi Raaj
- Destination: France, Maldives
Facts / Trivia
- Malvika comes from a family of Bollywood filmmakers. Her father is a Bollywood director and her mother is a film producer. Her grandfather, Jagdish Raj, holds the Guinness World Records title for playing police inspectors in 144 films. Her aunt Anita Raj is a veteran Bollywood actress.
- Malvika Raaj is a fitness freak who regularly hits the gym to stay in shape.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer and is often seen posting photos and videos of her performing Kathak on various occasions.
- In order to maintain healthy and beautiful skin, she regularly undergoes multiple skin treatments and treatments.
- She is often invited as a special guest to various occasions.
- She is often seen drinking alcoholic beverages on various occasions.
- Malvika is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog named Mieko.
- Malvika underwent special training to operate special weapons for her role as Aria in her action thriller Suicide Squad (2021).
- Malvika has a special bond with “SWAT” (2021) actor Rigzin Dzongpa, as the two studied at the same school and often attended each other’s birthday parties as children.
- In an interview, Malvika shared an incident from her student days. In gymnastics class, she said, the other girls in the class used to sit under a tree and gossip while she played soccer with the boys.
- Malvika has also traveled to Europe to walk the ramp.
- In 2022, Malvika faced an embarrassing moment while walking on the ramp, where she fell down.
- She participated in Femina Miss India 2010 and ranked among the top 18.
- According to sources, she is a national football player.
- In 2001, at the age of 11, Malvika made her film debut with the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.
- Malvika sees modeling as a stepping stone into Bollywood. She believes this gives individuals the confidence to face cameras and people.
- “Malu” and “Mala” are Malvika Raaj’s nicknames, and her relatives often call her “Malu” and “Mala”.
- In 2001, she made her debut as a child artist in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, and despite getting several acting opportunities in several films, she chose to prioritize her studies as her family feared that acting might To distract her from her studies.