Ranjeeta Kaur was an Indian actress who appeared in numerous films and television series between 1976 and 2012. Her film career began with Laila Majnu (1976) and her last film was Zindagi Tere Naam, which was delayed in 2012. Co-stars with a number of well-known actors such as Rishi Kapoor, Raj Babbar, Raj Kiran, Deepak Parashar, Vinod Mehra, Amol Palekar and Mithun Chakraborty.
Ranjeeta “Robby” Kaur was born on Saturday, September 22, 1956, in Punjab, India (age 66; as of 2023). She received her acting training at the Film and Television Institute of India, located at the former Prabhat Films premises in Pune. Ranjeeta Kaur has worked as an actress in about forty-seven films. During her forty-one year career, she acted in such films as “Laila Majnu” (1976), “Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se” (1978), “Armaan” (1981), “Pati Patni Aur Woh” (1978) Played various roles.
Height (approximately): 5’4″
Hair Color: Salt and Pepper
Eye color: dark brown
Parents and siblings
The information about Ranjeeta Kaur’s parents is not known yet. Ranjeeta Kaur’s sister, Rubina Nijar, starred in Ek Main aur Ek Tu (1986) alongside actor Raveena Tandon.
husband and children
Ranjeeta Kaur is married to Raj Masand and has a son named Sky Masand. Sky is a tennis player who studied in the United States. She lived with her husband and son in Norfolk, Virginia, USA, and later moved to Koregaon Park, Pune.
Ranjeeta Kaur believes in Hinduism.
Ranjeeta Kaur started her film career in Laila Majnu (1976), starring alongside Rishi Kapoor. She appeared in several successful films such as Pati Patni Aur Woh (1978) with Sanjeev Kumar and Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978). She retired from films in 1990 with her last film Gunahon Ka Devta. She took a break from acting in the mid-1990s after appearing in several television series. Fifteen years later, she starred in the film Anjaane: Unknown (2005). In 2008, she worked with Mithun Chakraborty in Zindagi Tere Naam, which was released in 2012.
- Ankyan K Jalokon Se (1978)
- Patty Putney Allvo (1978)
- Meri Bivi Ki Shaadi (1979)
- Apu Arthur Na (1980)
- Hum Sai Badkar Kaun(1981)
- Muje Insaf Zahiye (1983)
- Deewana Muji Sa Nahim (1990)
- Anjan: Unknown (2005)
In 2019, Ranjeeta Kaur’s husband Raj Masand treated Ranjeeta Kaur and his son Sri with the help of a senior citizen cell. Sky filed a complaint saying his wife and son Sky tried to push him off a fourth-floor balcony. Later, Raj Masand withdrew the complaint and asked about the issue, Ranjeeta Kaur said,
Every family has some disputes, and so do we. My husband has a business in the United States and my son also works in the same business. It was this business dispute that crossed the line and my husband thought of seeking help from the police. “
Awards and Achievements
- At the 1979 Filmfare Awards, Ranjeeta Kaur was nominated for Best Actress for her films Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978) and Pati Patni aur Woh (1978).
- At the 1983 Filmfare Awards, Ranjeeta Kaur was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for the film Teri Kasam (1982).
Facts / Trivia
- Ranjeeta Kaur and her husband own a chain of 7-Eleven convenience stores in Virginia.
- Ranjeeta Kaur played the female lead opposite Amitabh Bachchan in the film Satte Pe Satta (1982)
- Before moving to the United States, she worked at an international school in Pune in the mid-2000s, handling public relations.