Sanam Saeed is a British-Pakistani model, actor and singer working mainly in the Urdu-language entertainment industry. She is best known for her role as Kashaf Murtaza in the Pakistani TV show Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2012-2013) on Hum TV.
Sanam Saeed aka Sanam Saeed Mirza was born on Saturday, February 2, 1985 in London, England, United Kingdom (38 years old; as of 2023).
She attended Bayview High School in Karachi. She studied at L’Ecole College, Karachi. She is a graduate of Lahore Film and Theater Studies.
Height (approximately): 5′7″
Weight (approximately): 58kg
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye color: dark brown
Body measurements (approximately): 34-28-35
The family moved back to Karachi from England when Sanam was six years old.
parents and siblings
Her father is a retired interior designer and her mother is an art teacher. Her father is Punjabi and her mother is Memom. Her mother’s name was Parwin Modi Saeed. Her parents were married on January 13, 1984. In 1990, her family moved to Karachi.
She has one brother and one sister. Her brother’s name is Adnan Syed and her sister’s name is Amira Syed.
husband and children
She married childhood friend Farhan Hassan on January 2, 2015. Farhan is a banker in Karachi. Later, in 2018, the couple announced their separation.
In 2021, she married Pakistani actor and director Mohib Mirza.
Sanam Saeed has a stepdaughter Mesha. Mesha is the daughter of Mohib Mirza and his ex-wife Amina Sheikh.
She started working as a model at the age of 16 and entered the entertainment circle.
In 2007, she starred in the drama “Chicago” for the first time as a theater artist. Her other theater credits include Mamma Mia (2009), Carnage (2009), Grease (2013) and more.
At the age of 17, Sanam became the anchor of Indus Music (now MTV Pakistan) channel.
She made her television debut in the show Daam (2010) on ARY Digital. She plays the role of Fiza in the show.
Her other TV appearances include Mera Naseeb (2011), Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu (2012), Talkhiyan (2012-2013), Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2012-2013), Kadoorat (2013), Ek Kasak Reh Gayi (2013 ), Shukk (2013), Firaaz (2014), Dil Banjaara (2016-2017), Deedan (2018-2019) and many more. She rose to fame for her role as Kashaf Murtaza in the TV series “Zindagi Gulzar Hai” (2012-2013).
She made her first foray into the film industry with the film Bachaana (2016), where she played Aalia.
Her other most famous films include Mah-e-Meer (2016), Dobara Phir Se (2016), Rahm (2016), Azad (2017), Cake (2018), Ishrat Made In China (2022) and many more.
In 2021, she made her web series debut as Zuvi in the web series “Qatil Haseenon Ke Naam” aired on ZEE5 Originals.
In the third season of Coca-Cola Studio Pakistan, she appeared as a backing vocalist and sang the backing vocals of Arif Lohar and Misha Shafi’s “Alif Allah (Jugni)”, Amanat Ali “Aisha” by Misha Shafi and “Chori Chori” by Misha Shafi.
Sanam has worked in “Made For Stage Productions” in various stage productions such as Chicago, Mamma Mia! “, “The Holocaust” and so on.
Awards and recognition
- L’Oreal Paris Model of the Year Award (2012)
- Best Supporting Actress, Dil Mera Dharkan Teri, Tarang House Full Awards (2013)
- Best Actress (Popular), Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2013)
- Best On-Screen Couple (Hot), Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2013)
- Best Screen Couple (Jury), Zindagi Gulzar Hai (2013)
- Lux Style Awards TV Actress: Zindagi Gulzar Hai
- The 16th Lux Style Awards Best Supporting Actress in a Film: Dobara Phir Se
- Most Stylish Actress, Movie: Cake (2017)
- Best Film Actress Award, Rahm, Eastern Eye Award (2016-2017)
- Pride of Pakistan, The Daily Times (2019)
Facts / Trivia
- Sanam was declared the “Pride of Pakistan”, Daily Times reported in 2019.
- Fawad Khan and Sanam Saeed in the TV show Zindagi Gulzar Hai proved to be one of the best pairings of all time.
- According to Sanan, one of her favorite roles was Zoya in the TV series Talkhiyan (2012-2013), in which she played a Syrian Christian single mother.
- In 2018, Sanam revealed the reasons for her divorce from Farhan Hassan in an interview. She said she had no feelings for anyone. When she was 18 or 19 years old, her heart was broken, and that incident turned her into a cold person. She said she was unable to reconcile her married life with her mother’s deteriorating health. She realizes that it is unfair that her husband is receiving divided attention and believes that he deserves someone better. So, she decided to part ways with him.
- Sanam is an animal lover and often posts pictures with animals on her various social media accounts.
- She is a fitness freak and is often spotted doing yoga to keep fit.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In her spare time, she likes to read.